Information for Schools that Serve Kindergarten Through 12th Grade
In an effort to expand the knowledge and resources provided by the EPA and its affiliates, this section will provides introductory materials and specific tools for schools serving students in the Kindergarten through 12th Grade sector (K-12). This K-12 Section of the CampusERC pages is designed as a resource for principals, facility operators and managers, maintenance staff, environmental professionals, as well as other community stakeholders. Please visit the rest of the site to learn additional information about many of these topics.
Children are believed to be particularly vulnerable to environmental exposures than adults because:
- Their bodily systems are still developing
- They eat more, drink more, and breathe more in proportion to their body size
- Their behavior can expose them more to chemicals and organisms
- Art materials
- Clean Water
- Green Ribbon Schools - US Department of Education
- Hazardous Materials
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Mercury in Schools
- October is Children's Health Month!
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)