State Regulations State Regulations Resource Locator - Find environmental regulations, link to state agencies, retrieve agency news, and search for sector-specific resources below.
Land & Water
- Storm Water Resource Locator - Find stormwater permit forms and guidance documents for construction activities, and persons you can contact in your state agency for additional assistance.
- Industrial Storm Water Resource Locator - Find stormwater permit forms and guidance documents for industrial facilities, and persons you can contact in your state agency for additional assistance.
- National Endangered Species Resource Locator - Do Endangered Species Act rules apply to you? Find the rules for your state, and learn how to contact your state fish and wildlife service office for assistance.
- Wetlands Information Resource Locator - Find your state agencies responsible for wetlands protection, an overview of the state rules, and links to wetlands regulations and compliance resources.
- Total Maximum Daily Load Resource Locator - Some streams and lakes are covered by Total Maximum Daily Load rules for sediment control. Find out about the TMDL program in your state, and determine whether your construction project will be affected by TMDL rules.
- RCRA/Hazardous Waste Resource Locator - The rules for managing hazardous waste can vary from state to state. Find your state's regulations, along with permit forms, guidance, contact information and other helpful resources.
- Universal Waste Resource Locator - Some common items (batteries, pesticides, etc.) may be exempt from hazardous waste rules. Find out which items are designated as Universal Wastes in your state, link to state regulations, and local contacts at state agencies for more information.
- Construction & Demolition Debris Resource Locator - Construction and demolition (C&D) wastes are a major source of solid waste. Locate regulatory information and other compliance assistance, lists of C&D landfills, and pollution prevention resources for your state.
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) Resource Locator - Learn how medical wastes are regulated in your state. Link to the rules and compliance resources and locate persons you can contact in your state agency for additional assistance.
- Solid Waste Resource Locator - The solid waste resource locator contains links to regulatory agencies and rules covering solid waste topics.
- TSD & Recycling Facilities Locator - Use this on-line directory for locating hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal (TSD) and recycling facilities.
- Electronic Waste Resource Locator - The electronics waste resource locator contains links to regulatory agencies and rules covering electronic waste topics.
- Air Pollution State Resource Locator - Find state and regional regulatory agencies and rules covering topics such as open burning, smoke and dust.
- Lead Paint Abatement Resource Locator - Find your state's rules covering lead in construction issues, and learn about training and certification programs offered by your state, or by federal agencies.
- Mercury Resource Locator - Find links to agencies, regulations, and resources that can help you determine your environmental responsibilities associated with mercury-containing devices or mercury spills.
- Asbestos Resource Locator - Find an OSHA or environmental state contact that can help with health and safety or disposal issues regarding asbestos removal from construction activities.
- Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Resource Locator - Use this tool to find state-specific TRI reporting requirements such as state rules, where to send your complete reports, how to obtain forms, and state and federal guidance resources.
Health and Safety - General/Other
- Occupational Safety & Health Resource Locator - Find out how health and safety laws are implemented in your state, link to the standards, and learn about available programs that assist with compliance.
- Food Processing Sector Compliance Assistance Resource Locator - Find the regulations in your state that apply to food processing, and learn how to contact the appropriate agencies in your state for more information.
- Green Building Resource Locator - Find state-specific and other information on all phases of building constructon and operation to promote a healthy environment.
In This Section
- Campus Tour
- Compliance Guides
- News & Updates
- Grants and Contests
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- State Resources
- Events / Education
- Tools & Calculators
- Software & Apps
- Best Practices
- Helpful Links
- Helpful K-12 Links
- Resources in Spanish
- Topical & Benchmark Reports
- Your Role on Campus