Colleges and universities are subject to myriad federal environmental laws and regulations.
Information from the book "Environmental Compliance Assistance Guide for Colleges and Universities" (co-published by APPA and CSHEMA) is provided on CampusERC.org to describe legislative/regulatory obligations under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, CERCLA, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act, Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Toxic Substances Control Act.
This section also includes U.S. Federal Register notices, federal guidance documents, and relevant archived news.
In This Section
- Campus Tour
- Compliance Guides
- Environmental Compliance Assistance Guide
- EPA - Environmental Protection Agency
- OSHA - Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration
- DOT - Department of Transportation
- FDA - Food and Drug Administration
- K-12 Compliance
- Other/Voluntary Standards
- News & Updates
- Your Role on Campus