THE MISSION of the Campus Environmental Resource Center is to provide individuals and educational institutions with the knowledge and tools to maintain environmental regulatory compliance, improve management, and operate sustainably.
The schoolhouse icon () is used throughout the site to highlight items specific for K-12 audiences.
Hot News Items
Webinar on Clean Water Rule - Thursday August 27,2015 1-2pm EST: Learn more about this historic step for the protection of clean water: the EPA and the Army signed the Clean Water Rule on May 27, 2015, to protect the streams and wetlands that form the foundation of the nation's water resources from pollution and degradation. The final rule is effective August 28, 2015.
Have you seen the training tool for Lab Safety offered by NIH?
OSHA releases Infosheet on "Health Effects of Contaminated Water in Eyewash Stations."
- 7.30.15 - Mississippi State University's Gulf Community Design Studio Receives First Place EPA Gulf Guardian Award
- 7.15.15 - EPA Strengthens Underground Storage Tank Requirements to Improve Prevention and Detection of Leaks
- 6.29.15 - Bowdoin College Receives Award from EPA for Cogeneration System
- 6.26.15 - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Outbreaks of Illness Associated with Recreational Water — United States, 2011–2012
- 6.17.15 - EPA Selects Three Universities to Help Find New Uses for Toxics Data
- 8.12.15 - School Indoor Air Quality Assessments Go Mobile -EPA Launches School IAQ Assessment Mobile App
- 8.7.15 - EPA Inspectors to Focus on Lead Paint Safety in St. Louis
- 8.6.15 - New England Teachers and Students Recognized by President Obama and EPA
- 7.30.15 - Bay Point Elementary School in St. Petersburg, FL to Receive First Place Gulf Guardian Award in the Youth Environmental Education Category
- 7.17.15 - Presidential Innovation Award for Environmental Educators (PIAEE) Winners awarded to 27 K-12 teachers
Recently Added Content
EPA's Heathy School Environments Website Renovated
To better serve the K-12 schools community, the US EPA has made a few changes to its www.epa.gov/schools website. The schools website is an excellent resource to find all you need to know about beginning, maintaining or enhancing healthy school environments for children. There is new information and reformatted the site to provide for a more user friendly experience. You will find the latest school environmental health news on our "School Bulletin" board, as well as resources and tools to create or enhance healthy, safe learning environments for children.