THE MISSION of the Campus Environmental Resource Center is to provide individuals and educational institutions with the knowledge and tools to maintain environmental regulatory compliance, improve management, and operate sustainably.
The schoolhouse icon () is used throughout the site to highlight items specific for K-12 audiences.
Hot News Items
What are you doing for America Recycles Day, November 15?
According to the U.S. EPA, Americans generate about 250 million tons of municipal solid waste every year, but only recycle around 35 percent it. Recycling conserves vital resources, saves energy, and, in 2012, reduced greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to taking 33 million cars off the road for a year. Recycling also creates green jobs and provides essential resources.
For new ideas, check out CampusERC's recycling resources:
Share your "best practices," motivational resources and web pages with us! Email us at email@example.com
- 11.14.14 - Drexel University Food Lab for Sustainability
- 11.13.14 - 2015 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge deadline December 31, 2014
- 10.16.14 - University of Wisconsin-Madison professor recognized for discovering way to safely and efficiently use oxygen instead of hazardous chemicals in a step commonly used to make medicine
- 10.15.14 - EPA Announces Winning P3 Student Teams for Pioneering Projects to Solve Environmental Problems
- 10.10.14 - University of New Hampshire Receives Technical Assistance Funding for Community Stormwater Project
- 10.30.14 - CSB Releases Safety Bulletin after Accidents during Educational Demonstrations
- 10.17.14 - EPA Releases Guidance to Improve Schools' Indoor Air Quality and Energy Efficiency
- 10.15.14 - School Bus Funding Program from EPA
- 7.25.14 - Wisconsin School District Exceeds Anticipated Energy Savings
- 7.10.14 - EPA's Heathy School Environments Website Renovated
Recently Added Content
EPA's Heathy School Environments Website Renovated
To better serve the K-12 schools community, the US EPA has made a few changes to its www.epa.gov/schools website. The schools website is an excellent resource to find all you need to know about beginning, maintaining or enhancing healthy school environments for children. There is new information and reformatted the site to provide for a more user friendly experience. You will find the latest school environmental health news on our "School Bulletin" board, as well as resources and tools to create or enhance healthy, safe learning environments for children.