THE MISSION of the Campus Environmental Resource Center is to provide individuals and educational institutions with the knowledge and tools to maintain environmental regulatory compliance, improve management, and operate sustainably.
The schoolhouse icon () is used throughout the site to highlight items specific for K-12 audiences.
Hot News Items
World Health Organization (WHO) releases results of new study that finds that unhealthy environments are responsible for up to 25 percent of deaths in children younger than age 5.
Free IPM Webinar: Weeds: Nature's Graffiti - How IPM Can Fix That
Tuesday, April 11, 2017: 2 - 3:30 pm EDT
April 23-29: Environmental Education Week
EPA publishes new Hazardous Waste Generator Rule, effective 5/30/2017.
Read about the new OSHA final rule on Silica Exposure.
- 3.6.17 - Microgrid Cuts University of Missouri Coal Consumption by 73%
- 3.1.17 - New Research Reveals Differences in How PAH (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon) Mixtures Affect Neurodevelopment
- 2.28.17 - EPA awards $380,000 to Diné College for abandoned uranium mine study
- 1.28.17 - Wetlands Youth Photo Contest
- 1.24.17 - Webcast from CSHEMA on new Hazardous Waste Rule - Feb 7, 2017
- 3.21.17 - World Health Organization reports pollution is a major cause of death in children
- 3.21.17 - Don’t pollute my future! The impact of the environment on children’s health
- 3.1.17 - School Energy Audit in PA Arrives at Surprising Conclusion
- 3.1.17 - Fish Consumption Guidelines Updated by EPA and FDA
- 1.18.17 - Emergency Preparedness Tips and Content for the year from Homeland Security
Recently Added Content
EPA's Heathy School Environments Website Renovated
To better serve the K-12 schools community, the US EPA has made a few changes to its www.epa.gov/schools website. The schools website is an excellent resource to find all you need to know about beginning, maintaining or enhancing healthy school environments for children. There is new information and reformatted the site to provide for a more user friendly experience. You will find the latest school environmental health news on our "School Bulletin" board, as well as resources and tools to create or enhance healthy, safe learning environments for children.